2. Who are Jones Peckover?
JONES PECKOVER are involved in the services of:
- PROPERTY SALES AND PURCHASES
- PROPERTY AUCTIONS
- PROPERTY AND ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- SURVEYING AND VALUATION WORK
- LIVESTOCK AUCTIONS BUSINESS
Jones Peckover has offices at:
- 47 Vale Street Denbigh LL163AR (Head Office)
- 33 High Street Wrexham LL13 8LD
- 61 Market Street Abergele LL22 7AF
- Britannia House Four Crosses Menai Bridge Anglesey LL59 5RW
- Livestock Market, Roe Elwy, The Roe St Asaph LL17 0LT
3. What Data Do We Collect?
In conducting our daily business, Jones Peckover collects and uses personal information known as ‘data’.
The typical data for sales, purchases and lettings transactions we may collect will consist of:
- Your name, previous names, postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, dependants, date of birth, bank account details, credit reference information, your solicitor details, employment and employer details
- Copies of documents you provide to prove your identity for money laundering and counter-terrorist financing which are legal requirements
- If you make an enquiry through our web-site, we will also take the contact details you enter consisting of name, address, telephone number and e-mail address by use of ‘Mailchimp’, a system which records your details for us in order for us to process your enquiry.
4. How and When Will This Data Be Collected?
- This data will be collected from yourself, or with your permission, from your spouse or next of kin, other family members, your employers or business associates or from other trusted sources such as your bank, building society or other financial institutions, your solicitors, government and land agencies, credit reference agencies and insurance companies and by consent to third parties disclosing information about you to us.
- The information will be collected verbally in person through face-to-face meetings with you, by telephone, by e-mail, by letter and by use of our standard forms. We may also receive information from of third parties such as banks, solicitors or credit reference agencies if you have agreed to them disclosing data that they hold about you.
- If you contact us with a query or complaint, we will record your data in order to respond to you.
- If you log-on to our web-site and e-mail us a query, we will store your information to contact you further, if you have given us your consent to do so
- We collect data from publically-available sources ( eg The Land Registry) where you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
5. What Do we Use This Data For?
We will use and store the data we collect in our daily business transactions:
- The buying or selling of property
- The letting out or renting of property
- The management of estates by our Estate Managers.
The above transactions will include:
- Preparation of documents, letters and contracts
- Invoicing, processing payments, auditing and reconciliation and preventing fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests and help to protect our customers from fraud and unauthorised transactions
- credit checks as required
- to arrange appointments with prospective purchasers or tenants for viewings at your property or with third parties such as contractors
- legal requirements such as complying with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing procedures, tax evasion, operational risk and security of business procedures
- To respond to your queries and any complaints. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations and legal obligations in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve that service
- With your consent , to keep you informed by e-mail, telephone or in writing about relevant services we offer or about forthcoming auctions or properties or areas in which to live that you may have enquired about
6. Lawful Bases Under Which We Process This Data
The law on data protection allows us to collect and store personal data for a number of different reasons
- Contractual Obligations – where you enter in to a business transaction with Jones Peckover
- Legal Obligation – where we are required to collect and store personal data as a legal obligation such as Anti- Money Laundering regulations.
- Consent – In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent , for example , to be including in our mailing list of properties
- Legitimate Interest – In certain situations, we may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests, for example, risk assessment, due diligence or the cyber security of our systems, or the updating of customer details, lettings, sales and any other products and services provided by us
7. Storage and Protection of Your Data
- Your data will be stored either electronically or in a secure hard-copy file
- We will keep the information we have collected for a reasonable amount of time necessary to carry out the procedures listed above.
- We generally hold all our files for 7 years after they have completed, however, we do reserve the right to keep information for longer if we feel it is in the legitimate interests of the business or if there are relevant contractual or legal obligations.
- We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We regularly undertake cyber security monitoring and updates to protect against possible vulnerabilities and attacks and to further strengthen security.
8. Who Do we Do Share Your Data With?
- We sometimes need to share your data with other trusted third parties such as Banks and other Financial Institutions, Solicitors, Credit Reference agencies, Other Parties Undertaking Viewings or Contractors
- In these instances, we only provide the information they need to perform their specific services
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them
- We will work closely with them to ensure the protection of your data
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will be deleted
- With your consent, we may pass your data to others for direct marketing purposes
- For the purposes of fraud management and cyber security, we may share information about fraudulent or suspect activity in our systems and this may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police, NCA, or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a request to do so. The privacy of our clients and customers will be take in to consideration if such a request is received
9. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data We Hold
You have the right to:
- Access - to the personal data we hold about you – you have the right to request a copy of any information that Jones Peckover holds about you . You may make a request directly to us at : Anne Hall, Jones Peckover, 47 Vale Street, Denbigh, Denbighshire, LL163AR. We will ask you for proof of your identity before dealing with any request to ensure we only provide data to the person who has requested it. We have one month in which to respond to a request. If a requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive , we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee or refuse to respond
- Rectification -The correction of personal data eg when incorrect , incomplete or out of date
- Erasure – you can request the deletion or removal of personal data in specific circumstances eg where you have withdrawn consent to hold data
- Restriction – you can request that data can only be processed in certain circumstances
- Data Portability – you can request to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- Objection – you have a right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or a performance of a task in the public interest, or to direct marketing including profiling
- Profiling – you have the right to object to profiling using your personal data